Tramping planning resources that you may require before you head out in the New Zealand outdoors.
Here is a few guidelines that I follow to ensure a successful trip.
- Tramp in a group (min 3 people)
- File a route intention (and have a person act on it if you are overdue)
- Take enough food & water (include an emergency supply)
- Take water proof & warm clothing (to prevent exposure)
- Take a map, compass, GPS (if have one) & personal locator beacon (if you have one, especially in remote terrain)
- Take note of the weather forecast
- Carry mobile phone
- Know your limits & risks
Click on a tramping resource for more information.